At the beginning of the year, when I set all my fitness goals for the year, I wasn’t really thinking about some short-term goals I could set for my time in Guatemala. So, this is my next step.
I have never lived in high altitude before, so it will take more training than I’d like, but here are my goals for while I’m here:
- Do 5k at least once per week (preferably 2x)
- Take full advantage of having multiple routes to run/walk while I’m here!–Try going a different route at least once per week
- Go on hikes as often as possible–minimum of 3
- Climb to 3-4 volcano/mountain peaks in a 72 hour period (definitely towards the END of my time here!)
- Climb a volcano/mountain within the first 2 weeks of being here (this will be an all day trek because of the altitude issues!)
- Register for and run a 5k, 10k or 12k while here (if I can find one close enough!)
- Run 3-5x per week (have to build into this one, since the altitude and cobblestones are killing me right now!)
I figure, with my overall fitness goals and Tribesports.com challenges waiting for completion, I might as well accomplish some of the ones I cannot back in Florida and thought these would be good ones to aim.