If you didn’t read my last post, you don’t know that I totally messed myself up. But, I did. Injured the joint of my right foot, and now I can’t run (which is driving me totally crazy! I had gotten up to 10k running from 5k in one week!).
But I refuse to stay still! So, now it’s time to get moving on my muscle toning goals while here in Antigua, Guatemala. And, therefore, that’s my next action step: Plan the “Perfect” Workout for my current injury.
- Research exercises that require little or no weight bearing on both feet (aka, one-legged push ups, one-legged planks, modified squats, etc.)
- Choose which ones to do–ones that will help with my abs & arms toning exercises
- Be sure to do these exercises for enough time each day to get my heart-rate up since I cannot do cardio (no pool, no bike, no gym for a row machine, etc.)
- Find more Tribesports.com challenges that focus on these exercises
- Regularly test my foot to see how it’s doing with weight-bearing, etc.
- Soak my foot often (should help with the pain and swelling without having to take pain killers)
- Prop my foot up and treat with alternating heat/ice on a regular basis (daily, if not more often)
- Don’t push it!