Since I’m stuck NOT running for the next while, I must modify the way that I eat. Sure, I’ll still be exercising through my non weight-bearing body-weight exercises, but that’s just not the same as cardio AND strength training. So…time to modify the diet. Ugh.
- Find some challenges on Tribesports.com to help keep me in check on these things (such as no added sugar in my tea–ugh!!!)
- Keep a food diary daily, including snacks, meals, nibbles, beverages, etc.
- Check-in with fitness accountability partner on my consumption levels, etc.
- Consume fewer calories than normal, since I’m not burning off hundreds of calories running!
- Skip the junk that normally is “okay” while running (as in dark chocolate and more yogurt than is necessary!–I don’t eat starch anyway [so no chips or bread])
- Adjust the supplement in-take to help cover the needs for a recovery from injury
- Lower caffeine in-take since I’m not running to burn off the energy!
- Boost the water in-take even more!