Well, especially while I’m laid up with an injury, doing some weight training is important. And I’ve been slacking a bit on these, so I’ve decided to make that my next action step: work towards 300 reps a day (minus 1 day off a week). Right now, in Guatemala, that means all of my reps are body-weight only, as I don’t have any weights (though it turns out I do have two resistance bands, a short and a medium length). Every other day I focus on a different section of my body. So, here goes.
- Daily plan the reps to songs based upon target area of body for the day (one day will be upper body, the other day will be core/lower body)
- Choose exercise reps that will be most effective in working the targeted muscles (such as push ups, resisted lateral lifts, chair dips for upper body)
- Assign the reps daily to artists
- Do the reps–a minimum of 300 daily (recognizing that it will take a little time to make this a habit, instead of just goal to make sometime…)
- Log the reps on Tribesports.com