I like to run. I like to walk. But I work at a desk writing all day. And sure, I get up and go running several days a week, but that doesn’t mean I do much other activity during the day. So, getting more steps in each day is necessary. So, here’s the action step I’m setting: Set a “Steps a Day” goal. And here’s how I’m going to reach it.
- Set a goal for each day of the week (some days are impossible to get as many in, and some are going to be higher than others).
- Go get the new battery for my pedometer this weekend when I go to a city that has a store that will replace it for free (I have a lifetime battery)
- In the meantime, just estimate mileage walked/run and keep track at the gym and trails.
- Once I have the pedometer again, keep it on at all times, basically, and track daily.
- Up or drop my goal as needed to make sure I’m being realistic (after keeping track for a week or two).
- Have a separate goal for running steps a week vs. walking steps per day.