All right, so I am one of those people who needs a solid goal to meet, else I wander about aimlessly, accomplishing little. It was time to get going on something, since my running was intermittent and sporadic. So, I have committed to training for a half-marathon at last. I don’t know which one I’ll manage to run, but, I’ll be ready for it!
- Pick a plan with a reasonable time-frame and schedule that lines up with my current running fitness level
- Make adjustments to my plan to fit my crazy schedule
- Gradually wake up earlier and earlier as mile distances increase
- Continue with the thermogenic supplement to help keep up the energy and focus for my training runs’
- Keep to it with the fun outings with friends, gym sessions with Celina, etc.
- Daily log into my training sites and keep up on challenges and program goals
- Keep a training journal–keeping track of times, distances, routes, weather, etc.
- Pick a half-marathon to run sometime soon (I’m on a 10-week training program, which I may expand to fourteen weeks, to make it a full running plan instead of run/walk)