All right, so that mid-year mark has come and gone…and now I’m struggling to keep active as much. I still love my Ultimate on Sundays, and keep it as a priority in my schedule, BUT my running has slacked off a bit. I had to cut back from the half-marathon training because of the heat and loss of time (4 hours in one day, plus all the hours the rest of the week was too much with 1 full-time job, 2 part-time jobs, and 1 20 hour a week production, not to mention sleep, eating, band practice, and…and…and…).
But the last three weeks, I’ve barely run at all. So I wound up losing motivation for running altogether.
But last night I discovered my motivation for the next few months while I’m still so slammed for time. In the show I’m directing, I’m playing a slinky, skinny lounge singer (a Jessica Rabbit type). And I don’t like my arms…so, yeah…here we go!
Steps to get back in:
- Have my two workout buddies keep me accountable
- Decide on the basic plan for the next two & a half months (until the end of the show)
- Weekly give the plan for the up-coming week on workouts (how many times I’ll run, body-weight exercises, etc.)
- Stick with my food diary
- Stick with my health supplements
- Stick with my water in-take
- Take a break from Tribesports, except to log my running, etc. ABSOLUTELY NO site skimming (wasting time)