Until now, I’ve only worked out outdoors in Florida or indoors in Chicago in winter. And as Chicago approaches as my new home, and no gym membership in sight, I realize that it’s time to get some new work out clothes and ideas going on–I just don’t think shorts and tank-tops will cut it in Chicago during February (the coldest month of the year). So, time to do some shopping and other cold weather workout preparations.
- Do some research into what’s recommended for cold weather workouts, both in attire and safety precautions
- Make a list of what to acquire for clothing and fitness
- Try on a bunch of new running shoes to find pairs that will work, since my Vibram Five-Fingers won’t cut it in the cold
- Look online for proper workout attire and equipment
- Purchase the new workout clothes and equipment right before or immediately after I move (either online, if I feel secure buying something I cannot try on, or in stores)