This is a pretty basic, but not necessarily super easy action step to take. Normally, I’m not much of a sweets person, but when I’m stressed, I tend to find ice cream comforting. So, it’s time to put some limitations.
- Must consume 2/3 of daily water in-take before I’m allowed a dessert
- Eat dessert first (I know, it’s backwards from what Mom always said, but if I’m going to eat it, it causes me to eat less sweets and unnecessary crap if I eat it first, since I will feel dissatisfied after the meal if sweets come last)
- Limit myself to 1 small dessert per holiday event
- After New Year’s, limit myself to one dessert per week
- After New Year’s, limit myself to one dessert per special event
- If I’ve already had dessert before a special event, eat fruit as my dessert at the event
- If I know a yummy dessert is coming my way soon, eat fruit instead of dessert before that event!